How to switch your account to us
How to Switch Your Account to Springfield State Bank
At Springfield State Bank, we want to welcome you with an easy transition from your previous bank! These easy steps will guide you through this very simple process:
- Open your Springfield State Bank Checking Account by visiting one of our friendly locations. Make a note of your new account number. You may also need Springfield State Bank’s routing number, to enroll any automatic payment services or direct deposits. Our routing number is: 083902620
- Change your Automatic Payments. Review your last few statements and make a note of all automatic payments. Leave funds in your account to cover any outstanding checks or pending automatic payments. Use our Automatic Payment Form (Click here for the form) to notify companies of your new account information.
- Change your Direct Deposit by completing the Direct Deposit Form (Cilck here for the form). If you receive a Social Security direct deposit, change it by calling the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 or visit their website at www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm.
- Close your old account. After all outstanding checks have cleared your old account, transfer any existing funds to your new account and close the old one. Destroy any unused checks, ATM/debit cards and deposit slips associated with your old account.
- Start enjoying the benefits of your new Springfield State Bank account! Click here for more helpful hints in switching your account!
Other Helpful Hints in Switching Your Account to Springfield State Bank
- If you have any questions regarding your new account, switching your direct deposits or automatic payments to your new accounts or how to close your old account, please call us at 859-336-3939 or click here to email us or click here to use our secure online form.
- It generally takes 2 to 3 statement cycles (60-90 days) for your transactions to get switched over or started. It is important to leave the account you are planning on closing open until you have verified that all necessary changes have been made.
- Only close your old account after all outstanding checks, direct deposits and automated payments have posted once to your new account.
- When you are ready, try our online internet banking! It is an easy, convenient and secure tool for keeping track of your balances and transactions.
- Use the convenience and efficiency of Springfield State Bank’s FREE Bill Pay, once you register for internet banking. Once you go through a few simple steps, it is as easy as ‘click and pay’! Records of your payments are kept secure and easily referenced should you need to research them.